Monday, November 22, 2010

Candids


This week we tried to focus on one subject of our choice, we looked back through all of our old pictures, and old posts to get inspiration. I decided to focus on candid photography. I enjoy portraits, but I like to see real people and their expressions, you can capture a real moment, not a created one. I wasn't sure exactly how to get candid pictures, but after a test run, I figured out that the easiest way to get good pictures was to set the camera to a fast shutter speed, and snap pictures of people in their natural habitat, or to ask people if you could photograph them. Either way I got some great pictures. 















8 comments:

  1. This a very interesting series and I like the positions that you captured each individual on the street. I am also intrigued by the way you captured some individuals in action, as they are walking. I think all are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the approach you took to taking these, rather than just pictures of faces you got the whole person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There photos are a very interesting set of pictures and they fit what you're trying to accomplish. You did a really good job capturing the people in their natural state, and not being seen. I think that the editing could be a bit stronger, but otherwise good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an interesting series. I think you did a great job overall. I like that you managed to capture people in very natural and real moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the 2nd photo. i feel like you really focused in on the subject with having the background illuminated in the light and the foreground almost looks like a shadow. Like Vlad always says, "I think all are successful."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos! You did a great job with your photos, the one with the old man and old women is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the old couple walking hand in hand, that is a really sweet photo and the way you took it was great. I think that all of these pictures are really nice, too. The Lady walking out of the restaurant was great because you can feel the movement with the blur in the background. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW i really like your pics, it must have been hard to take pics of people! i really like your third to last photo of that woman looking scared and holding her hands together. that was really cool! Good JOb!

    ReplyDelete